Saturday, May 15, 2010

  • Whereupon the baroness uttered a great cry, and swooned away at the baron's feet.
  • What could the baron do? He called for the lady's maid, and roared for the doctor; and then, rushing into the yard,
  • kicked the two Lincoln greens who were the most used to it, and cursing the others all round, bade them go - but never mind where,
  • I don't know the German for it, or I would put it delicately that way.
  • It is not for me to say by what means or by what degrees, some wives manage to keep down some husbands as they do,
  • although I may have my private opinion on the subject, and may think that no Member of Parliament ought to be married,
  • inasmuch as three married members out of every four, must vote according to their wives' consciences (if there be such things),
  • and not according to their own.