Sunday, December 5, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [103 of 128]

  • Katie: "Is it time for everyone else to leave?" I see Mike at the skeleton tree hanging barbecued chicken legs. I pretend not to notice.
  • "So where's your girlfriend?" Katie asks. Me: "I don't have a girlfriend." Katie: "Yes you do. That Mulani girl. That tramp.
  • "You know it was me who caused her pay to get docked when she was sick. Serves her right. I never liked her anyway.
  • "I just signed her little name to everything I could. Milt noticed and shook up her world. It's always better to embarrass someone."
  • Even I'm shocked by this turn of news from Katie. I step back. "You and Milt? She never told me she had a dock in pay," I say.
  • Katie: "Forget that loser. I make twice her pay. And that means I'm a better woman, right?
  • "Look, her husband doesn't love her. She makes low pay thanks to me, and she has some kind of illness. Sounds mental.
  • “Any day now she’s going to be hanging from that tree with the rest of your skeletons.