Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [112 of 128]

  • "I'm too much of a rebel for that. Besides, I hate meetings." Mike: "But you hate everything."
  • She storms out of the cubicle for bad coffee. Mulani has a victory in the supply cabinet war after tricking office staff
  • into purchasing gel pens and a high-end three-hole punch. Her deftly planed Post-Its were tactically positioned
  • to make it look like at least twelve different office workers had made requests.
  • In response, Gertrude Ring, sent out what Mulani giggles is a hopelessly self-defeating email on office supply procedure.
  • Gertrude's email: "...in order to make for timely and accurate delivery of your order, please do not leave Post-Its in the supply cabinet."
  • "It's the Post-Its that did them in," Mulani laughs. "They were forced to come up with a procedure.
  • Now they want the catalog on my desk..." Me: "A catalog?" Mulani: "I ordered one when the office workers were too lame-brained to do so."
  • Suddenly Gertrude walks past like a ghoul. Me: "Can't we surrender? I keep getting called into Ken Grippo's office and
  • I'm tired of staring at his nose." Mulani: "Casualty of war." Me: "His nose might attack me.
  • You might not like me after I'm maimed by that thing." Mulani: "Oh, don't worry yourself." She walks away.