Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [101 of 128]

  • The battle reminds me of Buildicon company jackets. It takes the company four weeks to decide which jacket to order for each employee.
  • When workers refuse to pay, only one jacket is ordered. With all the work hours wasted, free jackets could have been distributed to all.
  • Thirty-two
  • "Lift me up," I say. Mike: "I'm not lifting you up." Me: "Maybe I should climb on the air conditioner for a better look."
  • Having snuck around a tangerine and lime tree, we have waded through two bushes for a glance of Katie Starburn's fake boobs.
  • Katie would have probably shown us had we asked. But what kind of adventurer are you without being a voyeur once in a while?
  • It's the night of my annual Day of the Dead party. People file in with skeletons to clip onto a tree that dangles with fake rubbery dead.
  • The grandest skeleton is a six-foot Paper Mache marionette that took a month to create. Mike had glanced at it: "Needs lipstick."
  • Katie brought a ghost... or a fish. I can't tell. She handed me twine and a blob of white construction paper.