Friday, December 10, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [105 of 128]

  • All I know is these corporate guys won’t pay for my bus fare across town, let alone a ticket to France where I can get drunk with Ichabod.
  • On top of it all Joan is back with the company. She’s already pacing downstairs in the parking garage and chain smoking.
  • Did she ever leave? "There is another," Joan says. She takes a deep puff as if the garage is her office. Me: "You sound so Yoda."
  • She even looks sort of green. Joan: "You're so Episode V lately." Me: "It's the best movie.
  • So, are you going to be our new marketing manager?" "Now there's a cold day in the marketing department," Joan laughs.
  • he looks like she just finished burying Milt in an abandoned mine.
  • Thirty-four
  • Some days when I walk to work I think I've got the best life. I get to release stress through a great pedestrian morning.
  • I curse about my life and get angry, then grimace at birds and cats and kids walking to school. It's nice. I feel free!