Friday, December 24, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [114 of 128]

  • I'm in shock. But Eliza ignores my surprised look and babbles: "I want to travel to France to revamp Buildicon's ads." Me: "France?"
  • Eliza: "I need a French countryside vacation." Me: "You just started." Eliza: "I don't like your attitude." I decide to change the subject.
  • Me: "I hear you're in theatre. You going to be in a production soon?"
  • I wonder if she will start performing right from her Buildicon office. Eliza: "Yes. I'm auditioning for
  • 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.'" I immediately blurt: "Nurse Ratchet?" Eliza smiles: "How did you know?"
  • In the afternoon Eliza calls me into her office again. "You and Mulani both took a two hour lunch." Me: "I did not." Eliza: "You did too."
  • I knew better than that. It was one hour and fifteen minutes. I give in: "OK, I won't be late again since you're being so ticky-tack."
  • Eliza: "Good. Two hours is too long." Me: "I was fifteen minutes late." Eliza: "If there's so much free time, we have too many workers."