Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [62 of 128]

  • Katie about her man: "Oh God. Men? They're all whores. Who cares about that whore? He's nice and all. But he doesn't do it." Me: "Do what?"
  • Katie: "I haven't had it in 4 days. Maybe 5. Maybe it's 6. I refuse to accept that it's been a week. I'm too devastatingly beautiful."
  • Me: "No way. You? I mean you're...you didn't...?" Katie: "I'm beginning to forget what my fingers aren't like."
  • Me: "Oh that's serious information." Katie: "I'm going to make Mulani jealous. You just wait. She has nothing that I don't have."
  • They're both taken and unhappy. What can I say? I still want my arms around Mulani. "How's your coffee?" I ask. Katie looks angry.
  • "Nice try," Katie says. Me: "How's your kid?" Katie: "She's fine. I'm beginning to think she shouldn't be playing football."
  • Me: "You mean soccer." Katie: "No, I mean football. She kicks most boy's tails. Should have seen her last game." She slurps her coffee.