Saturday, October 16, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [71 of 128]

  • If Milt has a strategy then I'm in an ant farm clawing at the glass, ripping at a sea of wallpaper. "I'm going to make it happen," he says.
  • He goes off the deep end: "All this Buildicon wireless is freakin' great.
  • I know I was meant to be a Hollywood producer, but life changes... "I mean, I got Adobe into the business.
  • I cooked macaroons with Bo Derek. She kissed me and wondered if I was made of wood. Sweet, huh?
  • "I'm going to manage this wireless company right into the mystical universe! I'll market us to the stars!"
  • Milt snorts and sloshes his beer. I stop listening. I look at the man's book at the next table:
  • "Twenty Great Romance Novels To Scoff At" and think of Mulani's mean smile.
  • Twenty-Three.
  • Workplace boredom is not a fluffy little teddy bear we squeeze and blab baby talk to. Rather, it sinks its teeth in like a werewolf.
  • Such a corporate infection takes root just when dreaming of Fijian jungle paradises, crushed ice vanilla Cokes and big-brained snowmen.
  • Think about it. You wake up one day at your desk and find yourself transforming into the boredom monster. You twitch. You convulse.