Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [75 of 128]

  • "Why do I seem to do it all?" Milt barks. I make no comment. I'm not going to talk. Besides, everyone is speechless.
  • I sense Joan is about to scream a war cry. I step hard on her foot. I step harder because I don't think she felt it.
  • Milt starts to mumble. This is the cosmic moment where even corporations are suddenly bad movie experiences. Vishnu actually looks awake.
  • Vishnu, the Web guru of all things. He must have a delete button for this surreal meeting,
  • or at least some kind of anti-virus garlic necklace. Mike knows it’s not him. He always watching Survivor and
  • knows how to make his corporate life live to the last man.
  • Mulani runs everything in the department and gets paid a tenth of Milt’s enormous salary. She’s safe.
  • Joan is expendable simply because she is insane and is a sort of mini-angry version of Milt in a constant state of meltdown.
  • Kira de Frito could lose her job but wouldn’t understand whether or not she suddenly got a promotion
  • to a Brazilian office on a wireless banana plantation. Sure, it’s egotistical of me to say I’m the soul of this marketing department.
  • I guess I wouldn’t blame Buildicon to go soulless. It happens.