Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [74 of 128]

  • Katie Starburn walks past the conference room window wearing bright orange and matching fiery glasses.
  • Her bright red hair is poofy. She's fabulous in her mocking of corporate attire: a poster child for rebellious cubicle-wear.
  • Katie scoffs through the glass at Mulani who hasn't snapped out of her death stare with Milt Butterlink's nose.
  • I can't help but think my life is crazy, even interesting, as Katie passes and gives me a wink. Milt continues to ramble.
  • My mind wanders. I draw a moon-like world floating in the cosmos with a little Milt Butterlink standing on it, yelling,
  • "This is my planet!" "I can't trust any of you to do your work. That's why I'm getting rid of one of you," Milt says.
  • He waves a blue marker in the air. Milt believes he does all the work and thinks that teddy bear grahams have more brains
  • than those of us with college degrees. As supposed non-thinkers, we have to get approval on all our daily tasks.
  • Milt: the consummate micro-manager in a Cosby sweater.