Monday, October 18, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [73 of 128]

  • "Do you understand what I'm saying? Look, I have drawn the most important marketing strategy of our time." It looks like a bug.
  • More stares. I start grabbing teddy bear grahams. I line them up against my notepad so that they stand to face Milt.
  • Most have no arms. One is headless. It's as if these cookie creatures deserve to listen to his marketing nonsense.
  • As I grab another, Milt suddenly stops talking and stares. Milt sees the teddy bear grahams.
  • He looks at them as if they are judging the very core of his plan. There is an uncomfortable silence.
  • Leaning forward, Milt suddenly says, "I can't talk to you while they're looking at me." I start crunching them.
  • Milt pauses and stares again. Is he contemplating their cookie brains? I see Mulani bite off an arm.
  • Suddenly it's a front row seat to corporate drama. "I'm disappointed," Milt says like a true marketing manager frankenboob.
  • He adds, "Someone's going to get fired in this meeting." I stop crunching cookies. Frankenbooby has the floor.