Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [92 of 128]

  • "Kira, I don't understand your email," I say outside her cubicle. "Could you explain to me again what you need?"
  • Kira: "I need this. This thing. It's the Brazil need. But this thing's not American product begins to sell brochures for oil and gas logos.
  • "I am an advertisement special through Latin American sales. I love working with Latin Americans and really like negligees
  • for home dances." At least that's what I think Kira says. I blame Mulani. I'm cross-eyed. And I refuse to acknowledge Kira as she blabs.
  • I go sit down. Kira de Frito dancing. Kira de Frito singing. Kira de Frito looking like a grin with boobs.
  • I stuff her projects at the bottom of my stack. As Kira drops off another project I say: "I'll be sure to get to these."
  • As she walks away I add: "Sometime next year." "What was that?" Kira asks, suddenly returning. She leans close.
  • The mole on her forehead is about to attack. I'm about to panic. "Oh!" Kira starts crying and walks quickly out of sight.
  • Mike: "No wonder she has no mental capacity to handle you. You give her no ground."