Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [96 of 128]

  • While Mike and I attend a hockey game we have a Katie Starburns sighting. She's in the aisles with a beer in each hand, not watching game.
  • Mike: "I can see her talking from here." Me: "She could talk through a nuclear war." Mike: "I'm imagining radiated implants."
  • The boards shake as a skater is crushed by a player named Rosebush. It's the most aggressive hit I ever witness. Mike drops his beer.
  • Suddenly we're yelling, slapping high fives and cheering. I'm glad I'm not being scraped off the ice.
  • The crushed skater limps off the rink. Interdepartment corporate war begins: 5-foot-tall secretary slacks off on supply cabinet.
  • No pencils, Post-Its or gripper pens. Mulani Fumes "I can't believe the poor quality of our highlighters," she grimaces.
  • I'm caught in the foray. I want to hoist a pirate flag. Mulani: "You should see tech support's double-wide Post-Its and
  • two-hundred-dollar paper shredder. I think ours still has a hand crank."
  • I’m called into a meeting by Ken Grippo, Buildicon’s generic office manager. He’s a rather skinny W.C. Fields in a fading suit.