Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [100 of 128]

  • Mulani: "You don't get it. They bring his mail. But they won't bring our mail." Me: "Why, Mulani, I think you might be jealous."
  • "Jealous? I'm not jealous." Me: "I think you're wondering why they need an excuse to come flirt with one of your boys." Mulani scowls.
  • Me: "Everybody knows secretaries think Vishnu is a delicacy. Even Katie Starburn can't keep her hand off his plate."
  • Mulani's scowl worsens. I'm copied on a corporate email battle.
  • Mulani has it in for a secretary known for her sack-time shenanigans with the Prez.
  • The secretary, Gertrude Ring, has an office twice the size of Mulani's open-air cubicle. Ring's income? She has a new BMW 335d Sedan.
  • In the Supply Cabinet War it's a battle of wits, a meaningless string of emails. Because we're mortals, I won't transcribe.
  • I don't understand these passive aggressive corporate emails that go on and on. I'd rather Milt were back giving a speech. Scratch that.
  • Second floor items are stolen, more emails sent, office workers stall in diplomatic tactics to not resupply. I imagine Mulani in khakis.