Thursday, November 25, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [98 of 128]

  • Me: "But I don't have any markers at all, grippers or otherwise." Ken: "But you know Joan was a heavy influence. She was your force."
  • He's gone Star Wars on me. I imagine his head bobbing in Yoda's big pot of Dagobah soup--his nose keeping the rest of his noggin' afloat.
  • Joan is no Yoda. But she’ll have his head in a stew if she finds out he’s talking about her like this. I call her.
  • Joan is furious: "He said what??" Me: "He said you're a ringleader and our department is run horribly. Something about the Force."
  • Joan: "Tell me he didn't go Star Wars." Me: "He was clearly locked in an epic struggle between circus adjectives and Episode V references."
  • Her voice shudders on the phone: "Well his goddam nose looks like Jabba the Hut." I have to agree come to think about it.