Friday, January 14, 2011

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [119 of 128]

  • Thirty-nine
  • I'm surfing the Net when Joan walks in, grits her teeth and says, "Unbelievable that this can happen! I am giving them one hour!"
  • I wonder: One hour for what? For Joan's head to come off her body? For it to fly across the room at me like a flaming cannonball?
  • Her anger level gets so high that Vishnu's pales in comparison. I mean, he gets mad. But it's all some kind of internal planetary collapse.
  • Vishnu runs out of his office. He yells: "There are people who are changing the Web content behind my back!" I slowly walk over.
  • I try not to laugh: "Who would do such a thing?" Vishnu squints: "Purveyors of untruths, making their way through a murky existence...
  • "These monkeys throw poop into the wonder workings of the Web!" he adds. I smirk. This is the rare angry screaming moment at Buildicon.
  • Have I mentioned that walking up to Vishnu’s computer is a holy experience? Me: “What was changed?” He takes me to his office.