Monday, January 17, 2011

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [122 of 128]

  • Me: "Easter fink?" Kira's Brazilian accent is out of control. "Yes! You are like a bunny! Yes!" She stomps away in tears. Mike grimaces.
  • "What got in her fruit?" I say. I make bunny ears and nibbling sounds. I cross my eyes. It's my only idea of Kira's Easter fink.
  • Of course the photo she tore down was a tribute to aliens and Kira's pukish marketing style. Maybe that's why she ripped it from the wall.
  • Mike had taken a picture of himself and photoshopped the head of a larva monster that vomited from Kira's neck. It was art.
  • Mike: "I told you we shouldn't have." Me: "We shouldn't create art because people are sensitive?" Mike: "You're right. I'm not sensitive."
  • Suddenly Mike produces a copy of the exact same picture that Kira de Frito just tore down. He pins it up in the cubicle.
  • Me: "Looks like the green is off a shade on this one, Easter fink." Mike: "No!" We both laugh. Mulani walks up and hands me a note.
  • Her note: "My husband is coming back to town. His soccer league is finished. Maybe now I can have the family I always wanted..."