Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [128 of 128]

  • In a few hours traffic will fill this place. Jets will roar. People will stop at the big church down the street and search for answers.
  • And I will probably walk to work, have a meaningless conversation at Buildicon, with people I don't care about.
  • It's a company about selling products, not about selling friendships, I remind myself.
  • I know I will continue my private revolt, my personal corporate mockery at what the world has become in this sea of cubicles.
  • In these endless grey cubicles in cities across an American wasteland of product-driven dreams, people search for individuality.
  • In this darkness I feel anxious. All around there is a glittering, twinkling brightness in the universe swarming the night sky.
  • For the first time in years I feel like I’m outside of the small places. And that’s not so bad.
  • She’s still on the phone. She’s still there. The End.