Saturday, August 7, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [12 of 128]

  • I sketch an image I know he thinks are notes. If I can stay awake long enough to finish
  • I might put it in a frame and hang it above my desk. "Is this a marketing plan that crawls all over you?" whispers Joan.
  • It could be a real insecticon buildicon modicon. I keep drawing. "Ha! You guys are all geniuses and yet you're not getting the picture.
  • I don't mean caterpillar in the insect sense of the word," says Milt.
  • He thinks we're all idiots because we didn't attend NYU or have lunch at the World Trade Center before it blew up.
  • “Theyre not cultured,” he says to the prez behind our backs. “Theyre small timey, loosey goosey and flashy pants non-extraordinaire.”
  • He just wants us to be freakin superstars like him. This man who supposedly once made chocolate macaroons with the likes of Bo Derek…
  • This man who claims to have single-handedly invented all Adobe products, and who once walked on the moon in a G-string Soviet flag.