Saturday, August 21, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [24 of 128]

  • I suddenly want to create diorama of pink packaging corporate puppets, not merely for my entertainment,
  • but for all bored Buildicon workers. What do you think if you see pink packaging sponges with faces:
  • felt-pen grins of asinine pondering and surreal cartoonland pontifications?
  • Mike and I design a character in this pink sponge puppet named Blockhead Joe. Much of his story is simple. He marries Airhead Pam.
  • Blockhead Joe and Airhead Pam have a grand wedding. They appear on a sitcom. He cheats on her. She cheats on him. They have baby larvae.
  • We put up a 'Free Larvae' sign. They're made out of packaging popcorn. We draw faces on them so each one is unique.
  • Glen quits his job in Tech Support and takes his larvae to Mississippi. I soon get an email: "We're here!" I never hear from him again.
  • Airhead Pam gets murdered. Some of the larvae turn into spawnlings that are Styrofoam, half sponge. Blockhead Joe gets framed.
  • Blockhead Joe gets kidnapped. The ransom is twenty bucks. Body parts begin to arrive. How do I get away with this you might ask?
  • I have no idea how I get away with this sponge show other than the four workplace axioms I defined earlier.
  • I'll do some real work tomorrow.