Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [8 of 128]

  • I glance at my watch. He's at least thirty minutes from point of consciousness.
  • Mulani is half-Chinese, a valley girl all the way with her pigtails and bubblegum chewing. She's lost to the marketing manager's monologue.
  • In her wide-eyed state she concocts a plan to make it with Michael Jordan.
  • She's knows kissing me put her at only 2.5 degrees of separation. How do you break into 'no' degrees of separation? I wonder with her.
  • At least we're brainstorming. "He's old," I said at lunch yesterday. She set me straight, said Joan,
  • our project coordinator, is in lust with Sean Connery. "And he's at least three times Michael Jordan's age."
  • Is my heart rate in the low 30s? As our marketing manager “Blahs” I think about the Giant Root Borer, the largest beetle north of Mexico.
  • Our marketing manager's name is Milt Butterlink. He's the proud corporate embodiment of a big dumb B-movie monster bug.