Friday, August 20, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [23 of 128]

  • I'll think up copy for an ad, sure. This industry is so C3PO. We help protocols speak to each other. He was a protocol droid.
  • We translate. We can buildicon that gizmo. We can help protocols speak to one another.
  • Only, like C3PO, I can't help but feel impending doom when I think.
  • Eight.
  • The day I saw boxes filled with pink sponge packaging I stared in wonder at the little rectangles. Here was my temporary answer to fun.
  • Most corporate folk consider 'fun' a ludicrous non-serious detrimental work behavior.
  • Creative marketing people are freaks who live for fun. Fun: more than just ball-game beer. Sorry to offend you simpletons.
  • Fun is a complex process often meaning hyperfocusing on the mundane. There is something inherently appealing in a block of pink sponge.
  • In and of itself it has no real value other than as a packaging product. You stuff them into empty spaces in boxes.
  • They fill voids. Yet I see living shapes. I decide the sponge rectangles will make nice puppets.