Saturday, August 14, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [18 of 128]

  • Six.
  • I've been here six months. I do nothing. It comes down to setting the mood. Ask yourself: "What can I do my first three weeks on the job?"
  • I brought four axioms for a better work environment and for better all-around 'inefficiency' when I first arrived at Buildicon.
  • Write these down, but not necessarily in this order. No sticky notes please. 1) How to increase sexual tension in the workplace.
  • 2) How to woo the corporate crowd with a tasty salsa 3) How to have fun at work and not feel guilty about it 4) The 'Three Week' rule.
  • Number four: Fake incredible work ethic. Act busy even if paying bills online.
  • Company prez should see you stay five minutes extra each day. Number three: Laugh. It makes people think twice about your state of mind.
  • Believe me, work laughter is impossible to achieve for most. I'll get back to number two.
  • Number one occurs with relative ease and is contrary to every corporate code ever written in the post "me" age.