Monday, August 9, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [13 of 128]

  • Milt: "What I want to tell you is we are like tractors. We're not bugs. Everyone here plays a vital role in unearthing our marketing core."
  • All I can gather is I'm some kind of marketing backhoe operator and I need a hard hat to withstand Milt's dense communication methods.
  • I'm starting to lose consciousness again. Vishnu looks fish-like. His eyes roll and bulge. The gills I imagine on his neck twitch and gasp.
  • Milt: "Let's get to advertising." Micromanaging his creative team means we don't create a piss in the toilet. He doesn't realize this...
  • So he begins to criticize his own advertising tag lines, “I want you all to know that too many catch phrases
  • can make you sound like a real trinkydink kind of a company.” I write furiously in my notepad.
  • I've been putting together a book of senseless micromanager quotes and Milt has just laid a doozy on me.
  • It's right up there in the cloudy angelic fields of marketing nomenclature: "A trinkydink kind of a company." I'm almost jealous.