Thursday, August 12, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [16 of 128]

  • "OK Mike, let's look at this really super cool design. I mean, you're really a genius. This is what we need! It's what I was thinking!"
  • Two seconds later: "Let me show you what I would do. I mean, this is a little too goo gah. You should have caught this bad vibe idea."
  • "Well yeah, we could use a little less of the trinky and the dinky," Mike grimaces, realizing he doesn't understand his own words.
  • Milt nods in agreement as if Mike finally understands the manager's enlightened marketing lingo. "Exactly. So make the changes," Milt says.
  • I'm bored with the nonsense of micromanagement and wander to the bathroom to wash my face.
  • I wonder: Is this everyone's mad corporate dream? Just as I demand to the mirror that I wake up, the bathroom door opens.
  • It's Glen from Tech Support. "Fancy meeting you here," he says.
  • "You know, it's funny how you can only take so much of work before you have to get up from your desk and attempt to piss it away," he adds.