Monday, September 6, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [37 of 128]

  • Joan says the story isn't proven. But one can tell there's something in her blood that runs wild like
  • her father up that bullet-ridden path. I give up on copy for a Buildicon newsletter.
  • I put it down to work on a pop-up pencil holder wireless device mock-up for a possible ad.
  • It's for a big wireless promotion: a life-size pencil holder punch-out. Just color with crayons, fold together, add sand for a stable base.
  • Kira passes. I clearly don't know what I'm doing because I have paper cutouts all over my desk. She flings her hair in my direction.
  • I want to say: "It must be easy to know where you're going when there's a map on your forehead." I bite tongue,
  • consult net for paper dolls. Fold 'C' into slot 'C', 'A' into slot 'A'. How can I go wrong? Hell, I designed the slots. It will cost
  • $18,000 to run the ad. No problem. And then it falls apart. Every slot rips at once. I’m not a goddam paper house architect. I know this.