Saturday, September 11, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [42 of 128]

  • Kira: "a..." I speak slow as if to help: "A... what?" But that does no good. She suddenly bolts to Milt's office and slams the door.
  • Mike: "What do you think they talk about every time she runs in there?" Me: "Maybe she can't form complete sentences in there either."
  • Vishnu walks up and looks at Milt's closed door. "Who's in there?" he says. Mike and I: "Kira de Frito." Vishnu: "Why?"
  • Me: "We don't know." And so this is the corporate world: incomplete sentences, mass miscommunication, closed-door meaningless meetings.
  • I need a road trip. Vishnu: "Ahh. I need a graphic for our new website that never launches." I feel put out.
  • Can't he see I'm surfing the Web and chatting? Along with Buildicon's old website, Vishnu works on a new company
  • website that was supposed to be launched a year ago. It’s like the space shuttle. Every time they think they find a loose tile,
  • the launch date is scrubbed for six months in order to procrastinate. By the time we launch the new site,
  • Buildicon will be ready for a new design on top of the old design and the new design. Vishnu stares.