Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [51 of 128]

  • She drove me home, unbuttoned her blouse and said, "They look real don't they? I need celery. I'm so organic. I don't even lift anymore..."
  • She continued: “I was just too inhuman then. You know, all apple and no stem? Couldn’t see nothin’ but lumps I was so bloated everywhere.”
  • She didn’t stop talking.
  • "I had no neck. Now I eat sushi. I want to open a sushi bar but I'm afraid I might have to learn some Japanese. So, how are your apples?"
  • I'll get back to the fabulous Katie Starburn. For the moment I'm locked in my cubicle, paralyzed. I think it's the email I just read.
  • It's a coffee-related email sent to all Buildicon personnel. Apparently the secretary is on the fritz about coffee stirrers. Not good news.
  • Like any cubicle worker, I think, "Don't mess with our coffee!" If there's a balance to corporate cubicle existence, coffee provides it.