Friday, September 24, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [53 of 128]

  • I'm still frozen, though contemplating the Cubepocalypse flag when I'm suddenly awakened by a rare sighting of the Buildicon Bigfoot.
  • It's Milt's boss. Imagine that hairy schoolgirl who always followed you home, becoming a corporate chief. Now imagine a big hairy salary.
  • I hear her howl from four cubicles away. It's the kind of nervous laugh you'd expect from a Wookie having to hang out with low-life Jawas.
  • For a moment I think Milt's wearing earplugs. I'd go pull them out myself if I weren't afraid all my missing antfarm ants would spill out.
  • Milt and Chewie disappear into his office. Her voice pierces the walls as if it were a Swingline stapler laugh.
  • I wonder what they're up to. The laugh of Milt's boss sounds like the real Chewbacca's howl, so I naturally think, "Blasphemy!"
  • I consider dressing like one of the Huts. Now think about any great Star Wars office.
  • Imagine Death Star cubicles with Palpatine hologram clocks. Clones all working the phones.