Friday, September 10, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [41 of 128]

  • I need a road trip with my office pals. I imagine Vishnu has an inflatable tube, Mulani in a bikini and Mike
  • with a splatter of nose lotion. I begin to imagine Mulani blowing me kisses, sharing a beach towel, when I notice
  • Kira de Frito standing in my personal cubicle space. Kira: “I need a projecta requesta.” Her Brazilian accent is extremely horrible today,
  • more so than usual. Her breath is no rain forest. Me: "You have a project?" Kira: "I believe so, jes." Me: "You believe so? OK."
  • And then she just stands there. Is she hypnotized? By what? I pray to God I don't have something hanging from my nose like
  • Milt Buttlerlink always does. Me: "Kira?" "Jes?" she says. Me: "Kira? I can't read your mind."
  • Although I am beginning to think I can see the shape of it outlined by the birthmark on her forehead.
  • "I need..." Kira de Frito says. I form words as if speaking for her. I do the eternal slow nod as if to pull words from her lips.