Monday, September 13, 2010

Small Places : Nick L Belardes [43 of 128]

  • In the meantime, Vishnu does double work maintaining both the old website and the new website that is never launched.
  • His eyes slowly cross. Me: "Say, Vish. What do you think about a beach trip?" He gets nervous: "Did you not hear? Shark attack."
  • Go figure. He's a web news junky. "They're not going to jump on the beach and bite you." Vishnu: "Oh no?
  • I cannot place myself in the path of certain death." Me: "Come on!" Vishnu: "I have seen Luke Skywalker and his war of stars.
  • The dark side can rear its head any time to bite off the hand of the unsuspecting.” "Did someone say beach trip?" Mulani says.
  • She must already have bags packed somewhere. "Yeah you can bring your husband." I cross the line.
  • Mulani is quicker than me: "Oh who needs that bimbo. He's in South America. Besides. I need some fun in the sun with my favorite boys."
  • Just then we realize that Kira de Frito has been standing in the cubicle. We don't know how long.
  • Her birthmark looks like seagull splatter. I give Kira a slow nod as if I'm communicating with an extraterrestrial.
  • She looks like she's about to cry and bolts into a sea of cubicles. Mulani: "Maybe we should invite her."
  • Me: "I thought shark attacks were terrifying." Just then Milt passes. He trips on the carpet. Karma.